Kelly graduated from Dental school.
We are getting closer my friends!
Kelly's mom, sister, and brother's family flew out for it. It was so nice of extended family to make the extra effort to come, we love seeing them and don't get to often enough. His dad was most likely there too, just not physically. We were the luckiest with our seats, just off to the right of the stage, then when the graduates walked to their chairs Kelly ended up sitting just across from us. The boys loved that. As each classmate walked across stage and had clapping, Bo would give a little "wahoo" and sweet G would clap along and laugh. When Kelly walked across the stage, down the steps and back to his seat, Bo yelled the entire time "YAY DADDY!" loud enough that half the audience heard and was laughing.
The graduation ceremony was at 7pm, which happens to be my boys bedtime. But you can bet I had them come anyway to see their daddy graduate. I bribed them with too much candy, which worked until their sugar high crazed the hell out of em.
and they were more than happy to run into their daddy's arms before the ceremony was finished.
I can't blame them, that's what I wanted too.
I knew the late hour would be hard for them, so two months in advance I lined up a babysitter to come pick them up after the ceremony was over. It was perfect. We had the ceremony, took pictures, then Jessika arrived to take the boys home and put them to bed, still a good two hours past their bedtime. We then could enjoy the rest of the evening without feeling rushed to get them home. It was nice to see Kelly's classmates and their families (who we already knew well) at the reception after. It still felt like it wasn't the last time I would see everyone, but it was. Kelly, his mom, brother, and sister and I then took off to eat some real food at California Pizza Kitchen.
It's been a long road. He's worked hard for this. For us.
I'm proud of this man. I love him so.




No comments:
Post a Comment