Every year our town has Riverfest, a free family friendly weekend party.
This year I entered the 10K and ran my heart out.
I'm pretty sure I got last place, but I enjoyed it.
When I neared the finish line, they announced my name and although I knew no one there everyone cheered and clapped.
I loved it.
I took Bean to the parade.
When they threw candy our way the kids around us noticed that Bean wasn't allowed to run in the street toward it and they brought back candy for him, every time, without their parents telling them to.
We didn't know each other, they were just kind kids.
We stopped by Barnes & Noble so the boys could play trains.
They were in heaven.
Bean loved the inflatables, the music, and the dancing.
When Bean dances, strangers laugh, smile, and tell us how adorable he is.
We know.



No comments:
Post a Comment