Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

What I love about Maryland


We've been in Maryland four months, and I've neglected my poor blog. But for good reason, we've been busy with fun new things. So to sum up my time away, I've made a little list of the things I love about living here.

The first thing I love is the most obvious, being on the coast.
The sea is connecting - to places I have been and places I want to go.
There's Assateague, a lovely beach with wild horses.
And Ocean City, the tourist beach with a fun boardwalk.
IMG_4824
IMG_5511

the little zoo.
I love the landscaping of it all.
The flamingos are G's favorite, and the peacock is Bo's.
IMG_4083

the playgrounds
IMG_3859
IMG_4234

the summer brings blueberry picking, the fall brings apple picking, and I hear the spring brings strawberries.
Love it.
IMG_4207
_MG_4825


a cute little church down the street had a week long bible camp over the summer that Bo loved.
He showed them all how to move it during music time.
IMG_5578

DC is just a couple hours away
IMG_0004
IMG_0043

it's October and still in the 70's.

our house. the boys run around the house screaming all the time. It's fun and I like it.
We also have a piano I got off Craigslist for $50, I'm looking forward to getting it tuned but that doesn't  stop the boys from enjoying it
IMG_5478

We have a big backyard, with a new to us swing set.
_MG_4745


church. I really enjoy our ward. I was called at the primary chorister, so I do music time with the kids, and although I suck at it, I really do like it.

where we live. It's a very small place, and the small town kindness is nice. I guess its always on the list of one of the worst places to live in the US because of crime, but I've only met nice people. I've even left my purse in a walmart shopping cart once and someone turned it in to their customer service.

I'm sure this list will be continued as we discover new things to love ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment