Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

our crabby happy Easter

IMG_2298

I stayed up far too late on Easter eve, finishing up a couple neckties for the boys.
I really thought that I was thiiiis close to having them done,
I didn't realize it would be just after 4am when I finally went to bed.
Staying up so late destroyed my idea of a simple Easter, but I kept it small by just having the ties, a chocolate bunny, cheap water guns, and bunny ears in the baskets.

Sweet G isn't sleeping well lately (hands up who's surprised?) so Kelly got up early with the boys and I slept in til 7:30.

Our morning was not exactly a picture perfect Easter morning.
It was a mess.
Everything was a mess.
So much a mess, that we were at church for only 20 minutes before we left and just went home. (thankfully we were there for the most important 20 minutes)

_MG_3494

All four of us were not at our best.
But oh how lucky I am to have all four of us, in any condition.

Here are some of the wonderful things that went right.

Most important, we talked about the resurrection.
Here's how our conversation with our almost-3-year-old went.

Us: "Jesus died and his friends were so sad, they missed him so much. His friends put his body in his special cave and rolled the big rock in front of it. After three days, Jesus was resurrected and was alive again! Yay! His friends were so happy! And because Jesus was resurrected after he died, after we die we can be resurrected too! Yay!"

Jelly Bean: "Yay! Now I can die!"

We retold the resurrection story the rest of the day, adding a little more each time, and each time Boston filled in part of the story he had learned the time before. In the days after Easter I asked him about it and he remembered the story well.
IMG_2278

thanks to a kind neighbor for giving me a bunny mold, I made a chocolate bunny for Sweet G. He was able to enjoy the same treat as his brother. It was priceless.
_MG_3507

We had a little egg hunt in our backyard.
_MG_3554
_MG_3590
_MG_3601
_MG_3587

We went to my parent's home for dinner.
The weather was perfect all day.
IMG_2384

This little family, all at our wits end, is my little family.
And while we are feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, moody, and frustrated, I still feel the joy as strong as it ever was.

This is my little family
my crazy dramatic funny little family.
and I am the luckiest.

IMG_2382

1 comment:

  1. Aren't all families crabby, overwhelmed and simply a mess sometimes?! Yours makes me smile. I mean, mine drives me crazy, but yours just photographs so well ;)

    ReplyDelete