this is my boy and I just love him.
My sweet Jelly Bean turned 3 years old.
This is unreal.
He went from being a dream, a hope, a prayer, to a babe carried by our S, to a baby in our own arms, to a toddler, and now a little boy. He is the most wonderful journey.
His birthday was a conference Sunday, we stayed in and tried to do things he would enjoy.
We introduced him to cinnamon rolls. He doesn't care to try new foods, regardless of how delicious they appear. So we had to tell him it was cinnamon birthday cake with frosting. His horrified response? "But I want chocolate cake!" Good thing I waited to bake that planned vanilla cake. After convincing him he gets two cakes today, he dared to try the cinnamon rolls and enjoyed them.
We continued our little tradition of the birthday boy giving a small gift, to celebrate and show gratitude for their relationships. He handed out bubbles to just a few of his friends who were home, just enough to get the point across to him that his birthday is not all about him getting things. He really like it.
We continued our little tradition of the birthday boy giving a small gift, to celebrate and show gratitude for their relationships. He handed out bubbles to just a few of his friends who were home, just enough to get the point across to him that his birthday is not all about him getting things. He really like it.
Party hats this year were cowboy hats from our most recent farm trip.
He loved to rip open the presents.
My favorite present to get him this year was a book I made for him "The Day You Were Born"
A very simple story, maybe I'll share parts of it.
My favorite present to get him this year was a book I made for him "The Day You Were Born"
A very simple story, maybe I'll share parts of it.
We played outside in perfect weather.
Every year I have gotten him a radio flyer. His first year was a wagon, his second a scooter, and this year was a tricycle. I'm so glad it fit. He's slowly getting the hang of pedals.
We ate pizza dinner outside at his request. With G's new lift on soy he was even able to try a soy pizza made with soy cheese. Poor guy still knew it wasn't the same thing we were eating though (and it may or may not have given him a horrible night).
The wind picked up that afternoon and tried to blow out his candles, but between Kelly and our good neighbor Trent, they had them lit long enough for Bo to blow them out.
The wind picked up that afternoon and tried to blow out his candles, but between Kelly and our good neighbor Trent, they had them lit long enough for Bo to blow them out.
Yep, that cake is absolutely G-Friendly
Later that night, my parents came over and we sang happy birthday all over again. Bo loved it, he sang right along. Then when my camera wasn't working and I had to adjust a setting, I asked if we could do it again. Bo was more than excited to, he had been singing happy birthday to himself all day and having everyone sing along with him was heaven.
Oh how I love him.











looks and sounds perfect - your pendant is super cute!
ReplyDelete